The Journey Continues
Starzplay, Starz’s international premium streaming service, just released a behind the scenes featurette on the new ten-episode STARZ Original series Power Book II: Ghost. The series will premiere on Sunday, 6 September on STARZ in the U.S. and Canada and will be the first in the expanded Power Universe to premiere exclusively on STARZPLAY across its global footprint in Europe, Latin America and Japan. Here’s the featurette from our friends at Rotten Tomatoes TV…
We are thrilled to bring the fans the next chapter in the Power universe with ‘Power Book II: Ghost.’ We know they have been waiting too long to rejoin Tasha and Tariq as he navigates the criminal world and the academic world without ever taking his eyes off the prize: his mother’s freedom,” said Courtney A. Kemp, Creator, Showrunner and Executive Producer. “Along with reconnecting with some old favorites, we are excited for the audience to meet a host of new characters, including powerful allies like Method Man’s Davis MacLean and potential foes like Mary J. Blige’s Monet Tejada. ‘Power Book II: Ghost,’ hits the ground running, throwing fans right back into the action just 72 hours after the events of Power 615. I won’t say too much more but what I can promise is that once the ride begins, we don’t slow down.”
“The ‘Power’ Universe just keeps getting bigger and better and ‘Power Book II: Ghost’ is getting ready to raise the bar again. We can’t wait for the fans to see what is in store for all of the characters they know and those they are about to meet,” added Executive Producer, Curtis “50 Cent” Jackson. “I have told you before, ‘Power’ never ends… we are just getting started.”
“Power Book II: Ghost” picks up shortly after the earth-shattering events of “Power” and follows Tariq St. Patrick (Michael Rainey, Jr.) as he navigates his new life and his desire to shed his father’s legacy intertwines with the mounting pressure to save his family, including his mother Tasha (Naturi Naughton), who is facing charges for the murder her son committed. Not to mention the academic rigors of the Ivy League university Tariq is attending to earn his inheritance. Truly on his own for the first time in his life, Tariq is forced to split his time between school and hustling to pay for Davis MacLean (Clifford “Method Man” Smith), the fame-hungry defense lawyer who is Tasha’s only hope of getting out of jail and escaping prosecution by newly minted U.S. Attorney Cooper Saxe (Shane Johnson). With no better options, Tariq turns to the familiar drug game, entangling himself with a cutthroat family headed by Monet Stewart Tejada (Mary J. Blige), that’s been at it far longer than him. As Tariq tries to balance his drug operation with his grades, love life, and family, he figures out that the only way to avoid the same fate his father met is to become him — only better.
Cast includes Michael Rainey Jr. (“Power,” Lee Daniels’ The Butler) as “Tariq St. Patrick,” Naturi Naughton (“Power,” “Fame”) as “Tasha St. Patrick,” Mary J. Blige (Mudbound, “The Umbrella Academy”) as “Monet Stewart Tejada,” Shane Johnson (“Power,” Behind Enemy Lines) as “Cooper Saxe,” Gianni Paolo (Ma, “The Fosters”) as “Brayden Weston,” Quincy Tyler Bernstine (“Ray Donovan,” “Modern Love”) as “Tameika Washington,” Daniel Bellomy (The Real MVP: The Wanda Durrant Story) as “Ezekiel ‘Zeke’ Cross,” Paige Hurd (“The Oval,” “Hawaii Five-O”) as “Lauren Baldwin,” Cliff “Method Man” Smith (“The Deuce,” Garden State) as “Davis MacLean,” Melanie Liburd (“This is Us,” “Gypsy”) as “Caridad ‘Carrie’ Milgram,” Justin Marcel McManus (“Star”) as “Jabari Reynolds,” Woody McClain (“The Bobby Brown Story,” “The New Edition Story”) as “Cane Tejada,” Lovell Adams-Gray (“Coroner,” “Slasher”) as “Dru Tejada,” and LaToya Tonodeo (“The Oath”) as “Diana Tejada.”
“Power Book II: Ghost” is executive produced by series creator and showrunner Courtney A. Kemp through her company End of Episode and Curtis “50 Cent” Jackson through his G-Unit Film and Television. Also serving as executive producers on the series are Mark Canton through his Atmosphere Entertainment MM, End of Episode’s Chris Selak and Danielle De Jesus, Shana Stein and Bart Wenrich. Lionsgate TV produces the series for STARZ.
STARZPLAY subscribers have access to an exclusive line-up of premium programing including STARZ Original Series like “The Spanish Princess” and the summer hit “P-Valley;” along with curated content such as recently Emmy nominated series “The Great” starring Elle Fanning and Nicholas Hoult along with ”Ramy;” the award-winning series “The Act” starring Academy Award® Winner Patricia Arquette and Joey King; and a blockbuster movie library featuring thousands of titles.
How to access STARZPLAY IN THE UK:
- The STARZPLAY App for iOs and Android is available for download on the iPhone and iPad, as well as on a wide range of Android supported devices. Up to four users can watch simultaneously and enjoy offline downloads of select shows and movies. App users can enjoy personalized recommendations of shows and movies based on users’ previous viewing interests and select their preferred language for audio or captions.
- STARZPLAY is available on PRIME VIDEO CHANNELS via the Prime Video App to watch anytime, anywhere on smart TVs, iOS and Android mobile devices, Amazon Fire TV, Fire TV Stick, Fire tablets and games consoles and through the web at www.amazon.co.uk/channels.
- Subscribers to the STARZPLAY channel on the APPLE TV App can watch online or enjoy offline downloads of their favorite shows and movies available through STARZPLAY, which is available on iPhone, iPad, Apple TV and select Samsung smart TVs.
- VIRGIN TV customers who add the STARZPLAY subscription to their package will be able to view the content by pressing Home on their V6 remote control and then clicking On Demand followed by Box Sets.
- STARZPLAY is available on ROKU® STREAMING PLAYERS AND ROKU TV models.
- STARZPLAY is accessible via the RAKUTEN TV pre-installed app on Smart TVs and its branded remote control across the main TV manufacturers, allowing users direct access to the platform.
The post Starzplay Releases New Featurette On Power Book II: Ghost appeared first on TRIPWIRE.
The Journey Continues Starzplay, Starz’s international premium streaming service, just released a behind the scenes featurette on the new ten-episode STARZ Original series Power Book II: Ghost. The series will premiere on Sunday, 6 September on STARZ in the U.S. and Canada and will be the first in the expanded Power Universe to premiere exclusively on STARZPLAY across its
The post Starzplay Releases New Featurette On Power Book II: Ghost appeared first on TRIPWIRE.Read MoreTRIPWIRE