It was a rather busy week, if you include last weekend’s DC FanDome event (and we do), and that event looms large over this week’s top picks, as you’ll see from our regular Saturday afternoon ten to takeaway:
- Kicking off with DC FanDome, and the big news form last weekend must be the debut of the new The Batman trailer, which you can watch again here.
- While The Batman closed out the DC FanDome vent, it was launched with a new trailer for Wonder Woman 1984 too. View it again here.
- There was also the revealing of James Gunn’s Suicide Squad and which actors in this huge ensemble cast movie play which characters from the comics. Check ’em all out here. And, no, Idris Elba hasn’t replaced Will Smith as Deadshot either.
- The surprise Milestone Comics panel brought a lot of readers to this post. What did you miss? Find out here.
- Moving away from DC FanDome and back onto comics – something lacking in last Saturday’s 24 hour event – and our early review of James Tynion IV and Martin Simmonds The Department of Truth #1 got people’s attentions, as is the news of a variant cover by Werther Dell’Edera & Giovanna Niro. Seems Image have got a very, very hot series on their hands even before the first issue drops. You have resaved your copy at your local store, right?
- Our of the three Dynamite exclusive previews we posted last week, by far the most popular was for John Layman and Fran Struken and Mars Attacks Red Sonja #1. Check out the exclusive preview again here.
- Fans of Mike Mignola seemed very excited at the news that he will, be publishing the many sketches he has been drawing during the recent Covod-19 quarantine, which you can read all about here.
- Music fans rejoiced at the news, this week, that Dio’s Holy Diver, has inspired Z2 Comics, Steve Niles and Scott Hampton to create an original storyline inspired by one of heavy metal’s most iconic album covers from Ronnie James Dio. More here, pop pickers.
- We talked with comic book creator Jeremy Haun too, about his new planet hopping sci-fi saga on comiXology Originals called 40 Seconds. We discuss his book, his influences and more right here.
- Finally, news on the TV front and the return of Wynonna Earp can be read here.
That’s it for this Saturday afternoon. Have great weekend, and stay safe.
It was a rather busy week, if you include last weekend’s DC FanDome event (and we do), and that eventCOMICONRead More