A Storm In Harlem
Starzplay, the international premium streaming service from Starz, announced today that it will premiere the critically-acclaimed historical crime drama series “Godfather of Harlem” in France and the United Kingdom on Sunday, 1 November, with new episodes from the first season airing weekly…
Inspired by actual persons and events, “Godfather of Harlem” reimagines the story of infamous crime boss Bumpy Johnson (Academy Award-winner Forest Whitaker), who in the early 1960s returned from ten years in prison to find the neighborhood he once ruled in shambles. With the streets controlled by the Italian mob, Bumpy must take on the Genovese crime family to regain control. During the brutal battle, he forms an alliance with radical preacher Malcolm X (Nigél Thatch) – catching Malcolm’s political rise in the crosshairs of social upheaval and a mob war that threatens to tear the city apart. “Godfather of Harlem” is a collision of the criminal underworld and the civil rights movement during one of the most tumultuous times in American history.
“Godfather of Harlem” was renewed for a second season earlier this year. Like season one, the next installment will consist of 10 episodes.
In addition to Oscar winner Forest Whitaker (The Last King of Scotland) as star and executive producer, season one cast members include Vincent D’Onofrio (“Law and Order: Criminal Intent,” “Daredevil”), Ilfenesh Hadera (Baywatch), Nigél Thatch (Selma, “American Dreams”), Giancarlo Esposito (“Breaking Bad,” “The Mandalorian”), Lucy Fry (“11.22.63,” Vampire Academy), Kelvin Harrison Jr. (It Comes at Night, Mudbound), Rafi Gavron (A Star is Born), and Antoinette Crowe-Legacy. Produced by ABC Signature, a part of Disney Television Studios, the series is co-created and executive produced by Chris Brancato and Paul Eckstein (“Narcos”). Forest Whitaker and Nina Yang Bongiovi (Fruitvale Station), along with James Acheson (Mad Money), Markuann Smith and Joe Chappelle (“Manifest”) serve as executive producers. Swizz Beatz serves as executive music producer. Chris Brancato serves as showrunner.
Starzplay subscribers have access to an exclusive line-up of premium programming including STARZ Original limited series “The Spanish Princess” and the explosive second chapter in the “Power” Universe, “Power Book II: Ghost” starring Mary J. Blige the same day they launch in the US; 2020 Emmy-nominated series such as the thought-provoking millennial comedy “Ramy” from Muslim-American comedian Ramy-Youssef, the modern romantic drama, “Normal People,” the genre-bending period dramedy “The Great” starring Elle Fanning and Nicholas Hoult, and the award-winning series “The Act” starring Academy Award Winner Patricia Arquette and Joey King; plus a blockbuster movie library featuring thousands of titles.
How to access STARZPLAY IN THE UK:
- The STARZPLAY App for iOs and Android is available for download on the iPhone and iPad, as well as on a wide range of Android supported devices. Up to four users can watch simultaneously and enjoy offline downloads of select shows and movies. App users can enjoy personalised recommendations of shows and movies based on users’ previous viewing interests and select their preferred language for audio or captions.
- STARZPLAY is available on PRIME VIDEO CHANNELS via the Prime Video App to watch anytime, anywhere on smart TVs, iOS and Android mobile devices, Amazon Fire TV, Fire TV Stick, Fire tablets and games consoles and through the web at www.amazon.co.uk/channels.
- Subscribers to the STARZPLAY channel on the APPLE TV App can watch online or enjoy offline downloads of their favorite shows and movies available through STARZPLAY, which is available on iPhone, iPad, Apple TV and select Samsung smart TVs.
- VIRGIN TV customers who add the STARZPLAY subscription to their package will be able to view the content by pressing Home on their V6 remote control and then clicking On Demand followed by Box Sets.
- STARZPLAY is available on ROKU STREAMING PLAYERS AND ROKU TV models.
- STARZPLAY is accessible via the RAKUTEN TV pre-installed app on Smart TVs and its branded remote control across the main TV manufacturers, allowing users direct access to the platform.
The post Starzplay Announces UK Premiere Date For Historical Crime Drama Godfather Of Harlem appeared first on TRIPWIRE.
A Storm In Harlem Starzplay, the international premium streaming service from Starz, announced today that it will premiere the critically-acclaimed historical crime drama series “Godfather of Harlem” in France and the United Kingdom on Sunday, 1 November, with new episodes from the first season airing weekly… Inspired by actual persons and events, “Godfather of Harlem” reimagines
The post Starzplay Announces UK Premiere Date For Historical Crime Drama Godfather Of Harlem appeared first on TRIPWIRE.Read MoreTRIPWIRE