Alfred Returns In 2021
Starzplay, the international premium streaming service from Starz, announced out of this weekend’s Brazil Comic Con that season two of the hit series “Pennyworth” will premiere on the platform in Austria, Belgium, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Latin America, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Spain, Switzerland and the UK on Sunday, 28 February, 2021, with new episodes premiering weekly…
The DC origin series “Pennyworth” follows Alfred Pennyworth (Jack Bannon – The Imitation Game), a former British SAS soldier in his 20s, who forms a security company in 1960s London and goes to work with young billionaire Thomas Wayne (Ben Aldridge – “Our Girl,” “Reign,” “Fleabag”), before he becomes Bruce Wayne’s father.
In addition to Bannon and Aldridge, “Pennyworth” season two features the return of stars Emma Paetz (“Gentleman Jack”), Hainsley Lloyd Bennett (“Eastenders”), Ryan Fletcher (“Outlander”), Dorothy Atkinson (“Hanna,” “Harlots,” “Call the Midwife”) and Ian Puleston-Davies (“Tin Star,” “Marcella”), with Paloma Faith (The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus) and Jason Flemyng (The Curious Case of Benjamin Button). Earlier this year, it was announced that James Purefoy (“The Following,” “Sex Education,” “Altered Carbon”), Edward Hogg (“Taboo,” “Harlots,” White Lightning), Jessye Romeo (“Curfew,” “In the Long Run”), Ramon Tikaram (“Brassic,” “The Victim”) and Harriet Slater (Faunutland and the Lost Magic) would be joining the cast as series regulars.
Based on DC characters created by Bob Kane with Bill Finger, the drama series from Warner Bros. Television is executive produced by Bruno Heller (“Gotham,” “The Mentalist,” “Rome”) with Danny Cannon (“Gotham,” “CSI” series) and Matthew Patnick (“The Night Manager,” “Peaky Blinders”). The series is distributed worldwide by Warner Bros. International Television Distribution.
Starzplay subscribers have access to an exclusive line-up of premium programming including STARZ Original limited series “The Spanish Princess” and the explosive second chapter in the “Power” Universe, “Power Book II: Ghost” starring Mary J. Blige the same day they launch in the US; 2020 Emmy-nominated series such as the thought-provoking millennial comedy “Ramy” from Muslim-American comedian Ramy Youssef, and the genre-bending period dramedy “The Great” starring Elle Fanning and Nicholas Hoult, and the award-winning series “The Act” starring Academy Award Winner Patricia Arquette and Joey King; plus a blockbuster movie library featuring thousands of titles.
How to access STARZPLAY IN THE UK:
- The STARZPLAY App for iOs and Android is available for download on the iPhone and iPad, as well as on a wide range of Android supported devices. Up to four users can watch simultaneously and enjoy offline downloads of select shows and movies. App users can enjoy personalized recommendations of shows and movies based on users’ previous viewing interests and select their preferred language for audio or captions.
- STARZPLAY is available on PRIME VIDEO CHANNELS via the Prime Video App to watch anytime, anywhere on smart TVs, iOS and Android mobile devices, Amazon Fire TV, Fire TV Stick, Fire tablets and games consoles and through the web at www.amazon.co.uk/channels.
- Subscribers to the STARZPLAY channel on the APPLE TV App can watch online or enjoy offline downloads of their favorite shows and movies available through STARZPLAY, which is available on iPhone, iPad, Apple TV and select Samsung smart TVs.
- VIRGIN TV customers who add the STARZPLAY subscription to their package will be able to view the content by pressing Home on their V6 remote control and then clicking On Demand followed by Box Sets.
- STARZPLAY is available on ROKU STREAMING PLAYERS AND ROKU TV models.
- STARZPLAY is accessible via the RAKUTEN TV pre-installed app on Smart TVs and its branded remote control across the main TV manufacturers, allowing users direct access to the platform.
The post Starzplay Announces International Premiere Date For The Return Of DC Origin Series Pennyworth appeared first on TRIPWIRE.
Alfred Returns In 2021 Starzplay, the international premium streaming service from Starz, announced out of this weekend’s Brazil Comic Con that season two of the hit series “Pennyworth” will premiere on the platform in Austria, Belgium, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Latin America, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Spain, Switzerland and the UK on Sunday, 28 February, 2021, with new episodes
The post Starzplay Announces International Premiere Date For The Return Of DC Origin Series Pennyworth appeared first on TRIPWIRE.Read MoreTRIPWIRE