Square-Enix has confirmed the upgraded version of Final Fantasy VII: Remake will release for the PlayStation 5, but they’ve also revealed an add-on to the game in the form of Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade, which adds an entirely new story to the series.
Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade creates a story where popular FF7 character Yuffie is the main character, and has her infiltrate the Shinra Corporation to recover a special materia. Yuffie won’t be the only character, as they’ll also be adding new characters to work with her, and offer additional combat options not present in the original game.
Square-Enix gives detail on the PlayStation 5 changes:
“FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE INTERGRADE takes advantage of the latest generation hardware and includes a wealth of graphical, gameplay and system enhancements for the PS5:
- Immerse yourself in the city of Midgar like never before, with improved textures, lighting, and background environments. Players can switch between two game modes:
- “Graphics Mode” prioritizes 4K high-resolution graphics
- “Performance Mode” prioritizes smooth action at 60 frames per second
- Capture and share your memorable moments from the game with a fully customizable “Photo Mode”
- Enjoy immersive battles by using the DualSense wireless controller, with its haptic feedback integration, and enjoy dynamic bike racing with its adaptive triggers.
- New difficulty settings for ‘Classic Mode’ provide new ways to play
- Jump into the action faster with optimized loading times
As a thank you to those who have purchased FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE for the PlayStation®4 console, Square Enix are providing these players a free PS5 enhancement update* that will include all next-gen visual and gameplay enhancements detailed above at no extra cost when playing on a PS5 console.”
Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade and Final Fantasy VII Remake will come to PlayStation 5 on June 10th, 2021.
Square-Enix has confirmed the upgraded version of Final Fantasy VII: Remake will release for the PlayStation 5, but they’ve alsoCOMICONRead More