Tuesday, March 16th sees the release of Mark Crilley’s latest book, My Last Summer with Cass. Published by Little, Brown Young Readers, the new young adult graphic novel follows a pair of lifelong friends as the strength of their bond is tested. Now The Beat and Little, Brown Young Readers are teaming for a special giveaway, where three lucky winners will receive finished copies of My Last Summer with Cass.
In order to enter the contest, all you have to do is follow both The Beat and Little Brown Young Readers on Twitter, and retweet the official contest tweet, pinned to the top of The Beat’s Twitter page. That’s it! Three winners will be selected at random from all entrants who meet those criteria. To enter, you must be a resident of the United States of America (including any of the 50 states or the District of Columbia), and your Twitter account must be public so we can verify follows and retweets. Note: quote-tweets WILL NOT BE COUNTED!
Full terms and conditions for the contest can be found below, but first, if you need incentive to enter beyond the possibility of winning a free graphic novel, here’s how Little, Brown Young Readers describes Crilley’s My Last Summer with Cass:
This One Summer meets The Edge of Seventeen in this poignant coming-of-age YA graphic novel about two childhood friends at a crossroads in their lives and art from the author of Mastering Manga.
Megan and Cass have been joined at the brush for as long as they can remember. For years, while spending summers together at a lakeside cabin, they created art together, from sand to scribbles . . . to anything available. Then Cass moved away to New York.
When Megan finally convinces her parents to let her spend a week in the city, too, it seems like Cass has completely changed. She has tattoos, every artist in the city knows her. She even eats chicken feet now! At least one thing has stayed the same: They still make their best art together.
But when one girl betrays the other’s trust on the eve of what is supposed to be their greatest artistic feat yet, can their friendship survive? Can their art?
Crilley, the acclaimed creator of book series including Miki Falls and Brody’s Ghost, is no stranger to the YA/young reader crowd. His series Akiko has been nominated for multiple Eisners in categories including Best Continuing Series and Best Title for Younger Readers.
And if that all’s not enough to tempt you to enter, here’s an exclusive four-page excerpt from My Last Summer with Cass:
Who is she? What’s she burning? Why’s she burning it? And why’s she so upset about it? All questions you’ll have to read the book to learn the answers to. What are you waiting for? Head over to Twitter to enter now! You have between now and 12:00 PM Eastern on Thursday, March 11th to enter — good luck!
Contest Terms and Conditions
- Contest will run from 12:00 PM Eastern on Thursday, March 4th, 2021 until 12:00 PM Eastern on Thursday, March 11th, 2021. Entries submitted after that time will not be valid.
- Winners will be selected at random from all eligible entrants.
- Eligible entrants must follow both The Beat (@comicsbeat) and Little, Brown Young Readers (@LittleBrownYR) on Twitter, and retweet the official contest tweet, sent by @comicsbeat at 12:00 PM Eastern on Thursday, March 4th, 2021.
- This promotion is open only to residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia. Eligible entrants must be at least 13 years old. The promotion is not open to Little, Brown or The Beat employees.
- By participating in this giveaway, you agree to share your email address with Little, Brown and The Beat.
- Prizes: Three (3) winners will receive one (1) finished copy of My Last Summer with Cass by Mark Crilley
- Prizes are non-transferable and non-refundable. No cash alternative is available.
- The Beat will contact the three winners separately. Unsuccessful entrants will not be notified. Little, Brown Young Readers will fulfill all prizes.
The post CONTEST: Win a copy of Mark Crilley’s new YA graphic novel, MY LAST SUMMER WITH CASS appeared first on The Beat.
Plus check out an exclusive four-page excerpt from the forthcoming graphic novel from Little, Brown Young Readers.
The post CONTEST: Win a copy of Mark Crilley’s new YA graphic novel, MY LAST SUMMER WITH CASS appeared first on The Beat.The BeatRead More