While I slept here in the UK DC Comics announced their plans for Wonder Woman’s 80th anniversary year on International Woman’s Day yesterday, so apologies for only covering this now. I imagine it’s not the synergetic launch they planned for. But then, itw as a rather late-in-the-day press release really.
It is what it is, and it doesn’t negate the fact that DC Comics have big plans for Princess Diana’s big bash running across the year. Here’s the full list of merchandise, comic books and events planned:
- The iconic, fan favorite Wonder Woman television titles are reborn with the new “retro-remix” video, tapping into the nostalgia of Wonder Woman and featuring Gal Gadot doing the signature spin that Lynda Carter made famous in the original series.
- DC and WarnerMedia announce a power-packed video inspired by Wonder Woman showcasing the impact of women around the world and the powerful women connected in the Company’s content and products. This year, WarnerMedia will produce videos that shine a spotlight on 80 “Women of Wonder” including real women, network journalists and talent, cultural figures, experts, influencers and celebrities who – like Wonder Woman herself – are advancing representation in their fields, acting as real-life superheroes and giving us reasons to “Believe in Wonder.”
- World renowned designers Venus Williams, Camilla, and Azede Jean-Pierre collaborated with Warner Bros. Consumer Products on Wonder Woman inspired fashion collections. EleVen’s “I Am Wonder Woman” activewear line by international tennis champion and entrepreneur Venus Williams is available now. Also available, is a luxurious limited-edition collection from Australian designer Camilla, and later this month award-winning designer Azede Jean-Pierre will reveal a custom collection featuring never-before-seen artwork.
- Beginning today, DC honors the creation and legacy of Wonder Woman making All-Star Comics #8 (the first appearance of Wonder Woman), Sensation Comics #1 (the first comic headlined by Wonder Woman), and Wonder Woman #1 (1942) free to read on the ultimate fan destination for DC: DC UNIVERSE INFINITE.
- Also announced today, Wonder Woman 80th Anniversary 100-Page Spectacular will bring together some of the greatest storytellers in comics and entertainment for a tribute to Wonder Woman in a collectible keepsake. Available this October on Wonder Woman Day, fans can look forward to original stories and a beautiful art montage by Eisner Award-winning artist Yanick Paquette (Wonder Woman: Earth One) with colors by Nathan Fairbairn.
- The hit movie Wonder Woman 1984 starring Gal Gadot releases in Digital HD on March 16 in the U.S., and then on 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray, and DVD on March 30. In addition, the animated feature Justice Society: World War II will be available on Digital on April 27 and on 4K and Blu-ray on May 11. Throughout March, Wonder Woman 1984 will also release digitally across international territories and will be available on participating digital platforms.
- DC is debuting custom art that pays tribute to Wonder Woman’s legacy while looking ahead toward her future. The pop art design was created by INNOCEAN USA, which also designed the 80th anniversary logo, and drew its inspiration from the iconic cover of Wonder Woman #4 (2016) by artist Nicola Scott.
While I slept here in the UK DC Comics announced their plans for Wonder Woman’s 80th anniversary year on InternationalCOMICONRead More