- We’ll start out ten-to-takeway this week with another instalment in Ben Martin’s Franchise Expansion (or Implosion) column in which he takes a long, hard look at movie franchises such as James Bond and more recently the Friday 13th series. Last weekend he took a look at the schlocky Freddy Vs. Jason from 2003 here.
- Star Trek: Prodigy, is a new children’s animated series starring The Voyager’s Captain Janeway (Kate Mulgrew) and covered by Erik Amaya here.
- Sticking with animation and this week Tito W. James dropped the first trailer for Netflix’s new anime set in feudal Japan, Yasuke, here.
- News on JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: Stone Ocean was also covered by fellow anime addict, Anna Lindwasser here.
- One last bit of non-comic news to share with you was the announcement of the latest UDON’s 2021 Street Fighter Pinup Special which you read about and learn where to pre-order here.
- From here on in, the rest of the list is all coming book related. Starting with the preview of last week’s King In Black: Planet Of The Symbiotes #3 here.
- Vault Comics gave us a look at the interlocking covers for their latest hit series, Witchblood here.
- Titan Comics announced plans to celebrate World Autism Month In May with the publication of Little Victories: Autism Through A Father’s Eye graphic novel here.
- Bad Idea teased their latest, Hank Howard, Pizza Detective #1, here, which was only available for 24 hours at participating stores.
- And finally, DC Comics announced plans to incorporate Chinese legendary character and mischief maker, the Monkey Prince into continuity as part of their wider celebration of creators of Asian heritage in DC Festival of Heroes: The Asian Superhero Celebration, here.
And with that final announcement, it give me the excuse to post the first episode of the TV show that was a staple diet for many a kid in the UK throughout the early ’80s, the one and only Monkey!
We’ll start out ten-to-takeway this week with another instalment in Ben Martin’s Franchise Expansion (or Implosion) column in which heCOMICONRead More